Thursday, August 6, 2009

Applesaucey Oatmealy Cookies
























My little brother was sick not to long ago and whenever
any of us are sick, my Dad always absolutely insists on
putting us on the bratt diet. Rice, Banana, Dry Toast and
apple sauce. Never fails. Well, I guess Alex didn't really
care for the giant jar of organic cinnamon apple sauce that
my dad brought home and instead gulped down my
plain jar and left the huge one to... sit there.

Something must be done, said I. What shall be done, said they.
Cookies were spoken of and all were content.

So, I'm not exactly sure what I did here, but it was good.
I want to retry this and replace the oats with granola.
I think they would be great for hiking. Really soft and hearty
and not too sweet.

ApplySaucey OatMealy Cookies

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup earth balance
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup of applesauce (any unsweetened kind)
1/2 cup raisins or chopped dates

Sift or combine the dry ingredients, except for the oats.
In a separate bowl cream together the earthbalance and sugar.
Beat the flaxmeal and water until frothy and light.
Mix flax in to sugar mix and combine with the dry, stirring
just until mixed. Add the apple sauce, oats and raisins.
Drop by spoonfuls on to an ungreased pan and bake at 375F
for about 10-12 minutes.


No comments:


Food & Drink Blogs Nutrition blogs & blog posts