Sunday, April 4, 2010

Dinomite Bday

My spring break went by quickly and quietly. Well, with me quietly
plotting that is...

I spent my spring break plotting and planning for Monkey-man's
birthday party. It was our first party in LA and it was a nice
little get together. As always, I made too much food but it was
nice to really get back into the swing of cooking, menus and
testing. I haven't done a full spread or catered a party in a long
time.



This is part of our spread... The theme was Dinosaur,
so I tried my best to match up the foods. My main effort went into
the Birthday cake(s), which also premiered my first efforts at a
vegan fondant.



I am pretty pleased with the results, but also know exactly
what I would change next time. Someone else needs to have a
birthday soon so that I can test this out again and tweak it
accordingly. I definitely needed more time more than anything
else, to get it smoother and cleaner. I was pretty rushed and
a lot of the parts came out looking funny. But not bad for a
first try.




I ended up going with the orange-ginger cake and the orange-choc.
With tons of other foods, I'm going to be posting them a little
at a time, so I don't have to post billions of recipes at once.

My next post I'm going to focus on the fondant and cakes I tried
out and finally decided on. I just wanted you all to know I'm
still here, still alive, and still cooking. Stay tuned.

No comments:


Food & Drink Blogs Nutrition blogs & blog posts