Thursday, April 29, 2010

Full Moon Celebration



It started when I got the cutest kiss ever from a funny guy I met in
class. After a movie, some fries and a milkshake, he smacks me one
under a huge Hawaiian Full Moon. He kissed me so hard I thought he
might have been dared to do it, but it still left me grinning like a
Cheshire cat.

Two years, hundreds of emails, tearful skypes, a year in separate
countries, barrels full of delicious food and books of sickeningly
sweet dialogue later... We spent the Full Moon celebrating love,
happiness, and life in nature. We don't measure our time together by
days or numbers, we know by cycles of the moon.

We drove to Bonelli Park by my house to throw ourselves a little party
for two (not counting the ducks). The park is over in Via Verde by
Puddingstone reservoir. You would never know you were surrounded by
suburbia. For the picnic I made blackberry scones and he made
some vegan brie from The Uncheese Cookbook.


Black Berry Scones






We had ourselves a quiet little picnic, so quiet he almost fell
asleep! It was pretty cold, the wind caught the moisture off the
reservoir and chilled us like popsicles.

To warm up we went on a brisk hike and got some nice views. I
found a plastic bag at the head of the trail, so we picked up
trash the whole way. Doesn't sound to fun, but it feels so rewarding
and gets strangely addicting after a while. By the time we got
back, the bag was bursting with rubbish. I can't believe how
horrible people are like that.


The park itself is quiet large with a few different sections.
There is even a sanded beach area where you can swim in the
summer and probably half a dozen different playgrounds in the
picnic area. We played around and toured the whole park, but
it was cold so we retreated home when the sun was no longer
keeping us warm.

That night we did our usual ritual of awesome dinner and a movie.
I am so blessed that we both can take such pleasure in the
simple things in life. We don't need expensive dinners or trips
to the movie theater. I don't need hothouse roses or silly
jewelry to know I'm loved. But even in this short time that I've
been with my guy, I feel like I've known him forever. We can make
the best day out of nothing at all and I can't think of a better
way to live or ever being happier with another being.

No comments:


Food & Drink Blogs Nutrition blogs & blog posts