Thursday, December 17, 2009

Gingerbread in my head: 8 Days til Christmas

I'm sorry, but it is simply not Christmas to me without gingerbread.
Doesn't matter if its cookies or actual ginger bread-bread, I need that
smell in the air and the taste in my tummy. Gingerbread is one
of those things that if made right, I feel like I could live off of.

This was my test batch that I made to get back in the groove.
I'm going to do the frosted and decorated ones this weekend and
the days to follow. Hopefully they will get to their intended recipients
uneaten... I can just imagine my friends opening their little boxes
of goodies-
"Hey, Why is this gingerbread man headless?"

Vegan Whole Wheat Gingerbread Cookies

3/4 cup black strap molasses
1/2 cup turbinado sugar
1/3 cup water
3 tablespoons earthbalance
2 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp allspice
2 tsp fresh grated ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
1 tsp cinnamon




Mix the molasses, sugar, water, and earthbalance
together in a large bowl. Blend everything up so your
earthbalance kind of just floats there in your liquids...




Mix in the remaining ingredients. Form the dough into
separate balls, cover and refrigerate at least two hours.



When dough has been chilled enough, remove one chunk
at a time and roll out into 1/4 inch thickness.
Cut out into desired shapes...
Bake at 350F for about 10 minutes.







No comments:


Food & Drink Blogs Nutrition blogs & blog posts