Thursday, July 16, 2009

B-egg Salad Sandwiches

Whenever we went to the beach or park picnics when I was a kid
we always had egg-salad sandwiches. Not really the most wholesome
of things, but what was when we were kids?

On my last major hiking trip I made this adaptation for day-one
of the trip. If not paying attention, one wouldn't even know it wasn't
real hard boiled egg!

One thing I hate, especially in 'egg' salad, is celery.
So my recipe obviously doesn't include it, but I suppose you could throw
it in if you so desired! Another thing that people traditionally add to
egg-salad is pickle relish, but I didn't have any on hand.
I'm hoping to make my own pickles soon, so maybe that will be added
on the to the to-do list... *gears turning*

















B-eggin for more Salad Sandwich (filling)

Ingredients

14-oz firm tofu
3 tbsp nayonaise
2 tsp mustard
dash of dill
dash of smoked paprika
1/4 tsp salt or to taste

Drain and press the tofu for about a half hour and crumble into
a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix. Adjust the seasonings
to taste.

You can try adding a dash of curry power or cayenne instead for another
twist. Serve on any bread, with any fixings you like. I love tomato,
lettuce, and cucumber on toasted sourdough.

No comments:


Food & Drink Blogs Nutrition blogs & blog posts