Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Plan B PB&J
















It never fails that I'll wake up a little too late to make something
decent to pack for lunch. I'll have it all planned out in my head
when I'm drifting off to Z-land... mmm pesto pasta, beet salad,...

But I also forget that I have a horrible problem with sleeping through
everything, not to mention my alarm. I grew up next to a train track,
so I think that has something to do with it. I'll sleep through
earthquakes, phone calls, movies, alarms, frat-parties, you name it.

Because I'm always flying out the door, I have perfected the art of
jazzing up the classic peanut butter and jelly. When I was little and
my parents were shoving us out the door into the car,
we'd get a toasted peanut butter sandwich with granola and
bananas if we were lucky.

So what I do now to my little brother is very similar...
except he doesn't like it toasted (gawhat!?) Oh well.

I add pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and whatever dried fruit we have
on hand- usually raisins, cranberries, blueberries, and currents.
I'll also sprinkle on some flaxseed meal and sliced apples.
I'd have been one hungry college kid if it wasn't for the ol' pb&j,
so jazz it up a little folks.

No comments:


Food & Drink Blogs Nutrition blogs & blog posts