Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Simply Sassy for Salsa

When everyone is away,
with garlic Gwen will play.

Summer time always gets me
in the mood for mexican food.
Something about sweating
from the hot weather makes
me wanna sweat from my food
too. So when everyone left for
work today, I took a break
from packing and diced up a
very simple salsa.
Salsa is one of those things
that you can never go wrong
with. I made a good sized
batch so I had it with chips,
tocos at night, a breakfast
burrito, and spanish rice the next day. I really must make
some more for vegan huevos rancheros for my bday (a tradition).

Sassy Salsa

3 firm tomatoes
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic
1 bell pepper, any colour
2 hot peppers
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp fresh cilantro
salt and pepper to taste

Dice all your veggies and toss with the lemon juice and cilantro.
Season to your taste. The heat can be adjusted to your desire.
I love using Hawaiian chili peppers or Habaneros, but other hot
peppers are just fine.
Like soups, chili, and curry salsa is even better the next day,
so plan ahead or make a lot.


No comments:


Food & Drink Blogs Nutrition blogs & blog posts