Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Spanish Rice es agradable

When there is nothing else to scratch together?
Make rice.
When you have nothing to serve over it?
Make Spanish rice.





























I love using up all the left over rice this way.
We mostly eat jasmine in our house, but I love
it with brown rice too. Just make sure to be
adding back in water or vegetable broth so
your rice doesn't stick or dry out and feel like
gravel when you're eating it. Sometimes to
retain the moisture I will add tomato sauce,
left over pasta sauce, or even left over salsa.
I chop up some garlic, onions and cook that until
its fragrant then I add fresh tomatoes, bell peppers
and corn to put in with a tablespoon of chili power,
some cayenne, and salt and pepper.
Pineapple is super good thrown in there if you
have any too!

I served ours with black beans, soygurt, cilantro,
black olives, jalapenos, or whatever you have a hankering for.

No comments:


Food & Drink Blogs Nutrition blogs & blog posts